Sunday, May 3, 2009

Risotto

I needed to make two recipes this week to make up for last week, as being in Washington DC didn't really allow for cooking. The first one I tried was copied from Erin, Risotto with Sausage and Mustard Greens.

This looked super tasty, and I had never made risotto before, so I figured I should give it a shot. This was fairly easy to make, it was just time consuming. The recipe says 25 minutes total, but I'm going to have to say that's a lie. I was stirring for over a half hour for sure.

DSC_0004
My pretty greens.

DSC_0005
Cooking.

DSC_0008
The recipe called for wine, so I might as well have some while I'm at it.

DSC_0010

DSC_0012
The Finished Product.

Overall, this risotto was really tasty. However, for my taste, it was too rich to eat as a meal on its own. I would have it again as a side dish for sure, but not for meal. Alex, however, never understanding what I mean by "too rich", had two bowls full! :-)

No comments: