Saturday, February 7, 2009

Crockpot Burrito Soup!

This was the first time I've cooked with a crockpot, and I must say it was a great success! (Thanks for the crockpot mom and dad!)

Thursday night Alex and I both leave the house later but don't get home until 9 or 10. Getting home that late, you just want something already prepared. Hence, I have deemed Thursday night crockpot night! 

This recipe was fantastic. I threw in a few extra cloves of garlic and seasoned my beef while I cooked it with garlic powder and cayenne pepper, but otherwise, followed the recipe. (And no I'm not copying Erin, I had already planned to make this!)

It was freezing, by New York standards, on Thursday, so coming home to this hot soup was perfect. I had made some cornbread muffins to go with it and just had to cook up a little rice when I got home. We topped it with some grated cheddar and pepper jack cheese and sour cream. Easy! 

No comments: