Saturday, January 3, 2009

Parsnip Soup

Before this holiday season, I don't think I had ever had a parsnip. Really, I'm kind of ashamed to admit that about all I knew was that it was a root vegetable, and that's about it. Thanks to my fabulous mother in law, that has all changed.

Alex and I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas at his parents house, and my mother in law happened to have a bag of parsnips, and suggested we make soup. Not having a recipe, we googled, and came up with this one on epicurious. Yum. That's all I have to say. This was easy and awesome, and such a good winter soup. I actually made it again first thing as soon as we got back to New York.

I used a little more garlic and ginger then is called for, and it turned out super flavorful and tasty! We also never used the nutmeg.







No comments: