Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009 Goals

So, I've never been one to make resolutions. However, with the start of this blog, and all the other craziness in my life, I figured it might do me good to have some concrete things to shoot for and keep me focused. So, here we go.

-Make myself happy in New York.
* Try a new restaurant at least once or twice a month. (Hopefully more then this, and likely will be, but I didn't want to over extend our budget, just in case.)
* Do a fun new New York thing once a month.

-Continue with my goal of cooking at least one new fun thing per week. (I've really gotten into this and super enjoyed it so far!)

-Become a technically better photographer by either reading more, taking classes, or simply trial and error. (I'm registered for an event photography class starting at the end of January and am nervous but quite excited to see what it will be like!)

-Learn something new in Photoshop at least once per month.

-Build my photography portfolio and book at least one New York shoot.

-Train for and run another race, either at least two plain runs or another triathlon if one that's affordable becomes feasible.

-Get out and shoot in the city at least every other or every third week.

-Figure out a way to use my Spanish more and more regularly and do so.

-Figure out what I want to be when I grow up. :-) ( This mainly entails figuring out if I want to go to grad school, and if so, applying to school to begin potentially Fall of 2010. )

-Use my passport. This involves saving for, planning, and taking an international trip. Potential destinations at this point include either Guatemala or Argentina.

That's all I have for now. I'd like to keep this a working list, so we'll see how it goes! Happy New Year to you!

No comments: