Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Vegetable Latkes

With the coming of Hanukkah there's been lots of latke recipes around the interwebs lately. I've been wanting to make some of my own for awhile, and tonight seemed as good a night as any!

These are from The Cafe Brenda Cookbook, and were super tasty!

Vegetable Latkes
From Cafe Brenda


1 large potato, grated (about 1.5 cups)
3 medium carrots, grated
1 zucchini, grated
3-4 scallions (the recipe calls for a whole bunch, but I cut back)
1 large parsnip
1 tsp salt
3 eggs
pepper to taste
3/4 Cup flour
canola oil for frying

DSC_3571

Grate potato and rinse with cold water, squeeze excess juice. (I totally forgot to do this, they worked out fine) Mix all grated veggies, scallions and salt. Separate eggs. Add the 3 yolks, pepper, and flour to the veggie mixture and stir well. Beat egg whites until stiff and gently fold into the batter. Pour batter into 3-4 inch pancakes onto a skillet or griddle and fry in hot oil.

DSC_3569

Serve with a nice green salad. I had mine with sour cream, Alex enjoyed his with gujuchang sauce. I think any sort of hot sauce or even soy sauce would be good.

DSC_3573

Yum!

No comments: