Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Super Awesome Spring Dessert

When Alex and I go out to eat, we generally split dessert. I'm not usually one to finish anything too sweet on my own. However, there is a bar in Williamsburg that serves the MOST amazing apple crisp ever. It's huge, and I eat the whole thing, all by myself.

This dessert is on that level. I had a hard time not eating the entire pan when it came out of the oven. Later this week I picked up some ice cream to finish off the rest, and it was super delicious.

If you have any rhubarb in the house, make this crisp tonight. It's easy, and pretty quick, and your tummy will thank you.

I started with this recipe online, but cut things back just a bit.

DSC_7396

Rhubarb Crisp

Ingredients:

1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup quick cooking rolled oats
1/2 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups sliced rhubarb
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions: Mix the brown sugar, flour, oats, butter, and cinnamon until crumbly. Grease the bottom of a square or round cake pan. Press half the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Cover with chopped rhubarb. Mix water and granulated sugar, vanilla, and corn starch in a sauce pan over medium heat until mostly clear. Pour the mixture over the rhubarb. Crumble the remaining brown sugar mixture over the top.

Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.

DSC_7400

No comments: