Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day!!

I couldn't believe it when at 1 in the afternoon yesterday I heard that the Mayor was canceling all NYC public schools. Being from Minnesota, the thought of canceling school before the snow has even hit just seemed absurd. We got an email from work telling us the number to call in case of severe weather the following morning, just in case.

"No way," I thought. Well, I woke up this morning to snow falling, perhaps an inch or two on the ground, but the news networks were going crazy with BLIZZARD! SNOMAGGEDON! So, I figured, well, I might as well call work just in case. I promptly jumped up and down and danced around the bedroom! SNOWDAYSNOWDAYSNOWDAY!!! I have no idea how it happened, but all of our NYC clinics were closed! HURRAY!

I must say, I was a little surprised, the snow didn't pick up until around 1pm this afternoon, for a Midwestern girl like myself, I'd say it was a pretty normal snowstorm. But, I'll take what I can get!

In any case, I've been enjoying my random day off and went out earlier today before the snow picked up and took some photos around the neighborhood.

Enjoy and Happy Snowday!

DSC_5178

DSC_5278

DSC_5253

DSC_5277BW

DSC_5265

DSC_5223
The little park on the corner.

DSC_5245

DSC_5175

DSC_5237
View from our rooftop. Normally you can see Manhattan, but for today, just lots of snow!

DSC_5231
Every single little kid in our neighborhood was getting hauled around on a sled!

DSC_5270

DSC_5213B

DSC_5209
Our street. Our apartment is the second "balcony" up in the second set of fire escapes.

DSC_5190

DSC_5188

No comments: