Monday, October 12, 2009

Some Asian Flavors

I've been a big fan of roasting whole chickens lately, and though I love the flavors I normally use, I saw this recipe on For the Love of Cooking for Asian Roasted Chicken, and thought it sounded to tasty to pass up.

I marinated my bird for about 4 hours, then prepped it for the oven by filling it with a chopped yellow onion, garlic cloves, and a few pats of butter and a sprinkle of garlic powder. As it cooked I basted it with the leftover marinade every 15 minutes. Although the end result was super different from normal roasted chicken, you could still taste the new flavors and it was wonderfully moist and juicy!

DSC_2159

Sorry, I started slicing before I remembered to take a picture!

DSC_2161

To go along with the chicken I stir-fried some veggies in garlic and ginger with a bit of soy sauce and oil which were very tasty. I also was curious about the sesame noodles I'd seen on Pioneer Woman and the Love of Cooking Blog, and decided to give them a try. I wasn't sure how they'd turn out, so made a bit of rice just in case. I thought these were just ok. Alex liked them well enough, but overall, I probably wouldn't make them again. Oh well, you win some you lose some!

DSC_2164

DSC_2169

No comments: