Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sweet Corn!

DSC_0180

It's sweet corn season! I've been passing by the piles of sweet corn at the market lately and finally decided it was time for me to pick some up as my google reader has been overflowing with tasty looking recipes!

Over the weekend I made both Corn, Black Bean and Chicken Quesadillas and Grilled Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salad with Honey Lime Dressing. Both of these were awesomely delicious and very easy to make. I don't have a grill, so just oven roasted my corn at about 350 or so for about 30 minutes.

DSC_0186B

On Monday, I was craving the salad again, especially the super tasty dressing. It was also a million degrees, so I thought a nice cool salad would hit the spot. However, I decided to jazz things up a bit.

I made the standard salad, more or less following the recipe, but then also mixed it over fresh lettuce, about a half cup or so of black beans, shrimp sauteed with olive oil, garlic, lemon and lime; and a bit of leftover grilled chicken. This was super filling, really easy, and an excellent summer dinner. We will for sure be making this again!

DSC_0188edit

No comments: