Tuesday, June 9, 2009

BAM Souq Festival

This past weekend I headed out to another festival at BAM, the Brooklyn Academy of Music, the same place that held the Dance Africa Street Fair 2 weekends ago. This week they are having a Muslim culture festival and put on a Souq as part of the festivities. A souk is basically a market place, Emily and I made our way through lots of crazy ones in Morocco.

Though this one, being as that is was held basically in a parking lot, couldn't compare to the real thing, it was still fun to walk through. It was also a much nicer day this time around and I managed to get a few pictures.

DSC_0014

They had some fun dancing as part of the cultural portion.

DSC_0052

DSC_0018

DSC_0064

Arts and Crafts.

DSC_0065

DSC_0069

Perfumes and oils.

DSC_0070w

DSC_0067

Drums.

DSC_0082b

After the souk I made my way over to Fort Greene park and enjoyed a nice walk and some time in the sun!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I imagine this souk was more camera-friendly though!