Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tandoori Chicken with Yogurt Sauce

Yum! This was very tasty! Even more tasty was the fact that Alex decided to cook it for us! He's been home from school these past few weeks, so has been doing most all the cooking, even though I like to cook, I certainly can't complain.

Tandoori CHicken with Yogurt Sauce, From Martha Stewart! (I promise I will use another recipe source soon, I just really like these!)
1 C plain low fat yogurt
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp ground tumeric
1 tsp ground ginger
coarse salt and ground pepper (We don't have any pepper, I need to remedy this, even though I don't really like pepper)
4 chicken breasts (Ours were kind of puny, I think this would have been even better if we'd had some better chicken)
2 Granny Smith Apples (We only used one)
1 TBS chopped cilantro







Preheat the oven to 475. In a large bowl, mis together 1/2 C yogurt, garlic, tumeric, ginger, 2 tsp salt and 1/4 pepper. Alex also threw in some cayenne pepper. Add the chicken, turn to coat.

Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet. (Note, use some tin foil, our pan is still soaking.) Roast until an instant read thermometer in the thickest part of the breast reads 160 degrees, 25 to 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, peel the apple; coarsely grate into a medium bowl. Add the cilantro and the remaining yogurt, season with salt and pepper. Serve the sauce alongside chicken, with rice, if desired.






This recipe was great, and fairly easy. My only complaint was that I thought the chicken would be a bit spicier, maybe a little more cayenne pepper or curry powder next time!



No comments: