Sunday, January 25, 2009

Little Boats of Treasure

That's how Alex described these amazing Twice Baked Potatoes. Make them. Now. They're awesome.

I've also been tinkering with recipes a little as I make them, and I did a bit with these as well. For cheese I used half sharp cheddar, half pepper jack to give it a little kick, along with some extra scallions. I also didn't have any buttermilk, and didn't feel like buying any especially for these. So, I subbed in a few splashes of heavy cream, skim milk, and a few dollops of light sour cream instead. DELICIOUS.








Also featured in this meal: Lemon Garlic Salmon with Balsamic Glaze and Parmesan Snap Peas.

The Balsamic Glaze is from my Sauces cookbook by Louise Pickford. Simple as can be. Take a 16 oz bottle of Balsamic Vinegar, empty it into a saucepan, boil it for about half an hour or so until it has thickened and boiled down to a half a cup. Wonderful over fish!

The snap peas are also very simple and my favorite way to eat them! Place your snap peas on a baking sheet. Coat/toss with olive oil. Cover lightly with freshly shaved parmesan. Bake for about 5-7 minutes in the oven at about 350 or so. YUM.

No comments: