Sunday, September 20, 2009

Corn Chowder and Black Bean Burgers

We had more delicious sweet corn to use last week and decided to whip up a batch of the corn chowder I saw on Erin's blog. This stuff was super tasty!

Just a note, I followed the recipe pretty closely, with the exception of switching green for red peppers, however, I kept my slice of bacon in, because really, who takes bacon out of anything?? That's just silliness.

DSC_1560
Simmering with the corn cobs, I never though of cooking with the cobs before.

DSC_1569

We also decided we could use some burger with our chowder, though we had no beef in the house. I have been wanting to find a new veggie burger recipe but was busy cooking the soup. Alex googled this one, and was in charge of making these from start to finish. They were quite good, and a million times better then the ones I made previously. We topped them off with some fresh heirloom tomatoes, zucchini, and peppers sauteed in garlic and olive oil.

DSC_1563

A tasty meal all around!

DSC_1561

No comments: