Sunday, August 2, 2009

A few quick bites.

So with all the fresh zucchinis at the farmers market lately, I've been planning on making some zucchini bread. I had seen some fancy recipes on the kitchen sink but didn't have any flax seed so I found this awesome recipe instead.

DSC_0090
Zucchini Bread

I didn't need two loaves so I halved the recipe, using 2 eggs and 3/4 C chopped almonds with 1/4 or so of the walnuts. I also sprinkled a bit of sugar over the top before I baked it. This was delicious! Super moist and perfect for breakfast!

After finishing the bread, Alex and I were off to a week in lovely Minneapolis! It was SO great to be able to see family and friends and spend some time by the lakes. I never realized how quiet Minneapolis was until now! Thanks to everyone for spending time catching up with us and making for such a fantastic trip home.

We got back to the city late last night. Today it was pouring rain all day and I had no intention of leaving the couch. Our refrigerator was nearly empty, but we had to find something for dinner. We had a pizza dough, some cheese, and surprisingly a few vegetables had survived the week. But, no sauce to be had. I wanted to cook something new, and then remembered the Pizza Sauce recipe I had seen on Annie's Eats. Now, I admit, I thought Annie a little crazy at first for crafting her own pizza sauce. How she has time for that, I will never know, but I decided to give it a try anyhow as we had a can of diced tomatoes in the cupboard.

YUM! This was so worth it, and so easy! I only made a half batch and had more then enough for a pizza with some leftover. I will certainly be making this again!!

DSC_0166B

DSC_0170

No comments: