Monday, March 9, 2009

My New Addiction

Muffins

So, this cooking thing started out innocently enough. I have time in the evening. I enjoy it. I have all these cookbooks and recipes. I should make things. However, it's started to become an addiction. Not cooking, but making things from scratch. Though cooking too I suppose. Now I find myself scoffing at boxed cake mix. Why would I do that, when I can make it twice as good and know what's in it on my own??

I see things on cooking blogs and actually make them. Hence, my unexplainable craving to make these chocolate chip muffins I had seen a few days earlier. I used to make muffins form a bag from Betty Crocker. Now, I make them from a bag of flour. It's kind of fun. And, these were awesome. The batter was a bit sticky, I was worried they would be weird. But they were great, heavy and filling for sure, but fantastic!

I am going to have to start bringing boxes of baked goods to work, otherwise Alex and I are going to have to start upping the working out regimen by quite a bit!

Muffins

Muffins

No comments: