Monday, December 27, 2010

Snow Day!

I figured out today that I've had more snow days in the past two winters in NYC then in my entire 20 or so years in Minnesota. Not that I'm complaining. :-)

Unless you live under a rock you probably heard about the major thwomping of snow the east coast got yesterday. The airports shut down and the city came to a grinding halt. I ventured out around the neighborhood this afternoon and managed to snap a few shots of the white stuff.

Happy Snow Day!

DSC_3651
Our block. My car is the third one back. Bad, but not nearly as bad as this guy...
DSC_3669


These bikers also probably won't be going anywhere anytime soon...
DSC_3665


DSC_3661
Everyone was either walking or skiing down Court street since there weren't any cars going anywhere.
DSC_3671

DSC_3674
The bus got stuck.

DSC_3655
And the ambulance.

DSC_3680
More side streets, not plowed yet. They'll be under even more snow once the plow comes by...

DSC_3657

DSC_3659

DSC_3683
This family had the right idea!

No comments: